FitRev Instructor Spotlight – Jill Silva!
This week we are proud to turn the spotlight to another one of our amazing instructors, Jill Silva!
Back when Jill joined our team everyone quickly fell in love with her Friday Fit Row classes. Since then she has jumped right into teaching Fit Strength and Fit Cross. We are so thankful that Jill decided a career change was in order and pursued fitness as a new employment avenue. We love Jill’s creativity when it comes to switching up the workout combinations and class formats each week. Jill not only has 16 years’ experience as an Occupational Therapist, but when she quit her job she started running classes out of her home! Way to hit the ground running, Jill! Your motivation is contagious and FitRev is lucky to have you.
We’ve lovin’ Jill’s fun facts below (and secretly wishing she’ll share some of her wine)!
- I am an animal lover through and through! We rescued one of our cats as an abandoned 3wk old kitten in Portugal 2 summers ago. We nursed him from the brink of death and went through customs hell to bring him home. We named him Maluco, which means ‘crazy’ in Portuguese. Our other cat Mini was rescued from a hoarding situation and is full grown at only 5 pounds, hence the name.
- I worked for 16 years as an Occupational Therapist working primarily with older adults in rehab facilities. It was a difficult decision to end that chapter of my life and although I don’t miss the job, I do miss the old folks. Best quote ever from a 97-year-old woman: “When I go to heaven I hope they give me a new body….and a haircut!”
- My husband’s family is from the Azores and he is the first in his family born in the states. This comes with many perks, not only do we visit Portugal every few years, but he also makes wine…lots and lots of wine!
- I was a pretty good track athlete back in the day. In my Junior and Senior years of high school, I competed in The New England Meet for the 400m and 4x400m, and my Senior year I, along with 3 teammates, won the Massachusetts State Heptathlon. Last summer I went to the track just to see how fast I could run a 400, it didn’t go well and I thought I might die, BUT I’ve recently been working on my mile pace and am currently at 6:40!
- We are a big ice cream family! It doesn’t matter if it’s hot or cold, that’s our go-to dessert. I try to keep myself in check and stick with a kiddie cup, unless we head to my childhood stomping grounds, Peaceful Meadows in Whitman, then I’ll go all out with a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Sundae with coffee ice cream!