FitRev Instructor Spotlight – Linsey Pimentel!
FitRev is beyond excited to Welcome Linsey Pimentel to our Team!
A runner for most of her life, Linsey has always had a passion for all things fitness. Upon completion of her collegiate career as a standout scholarship cross country and track athlete at Merrimack College, Linsey began running marathons and hasn’t looked back! In 2016, Linsey decided to make the jump and become a spin instructor to further share her love of fitness with others.
Linsey has previously held roles as an Assistant Coach for the Merrimack College Track and Cross Country teams, as well as a coach for youth athletes with the Going the Distance summer program.
How does Linsey come up with music and choreo for her Fit Ride classes? She listens to each song a few times on her long runs. If the songs motivate her over the course of 2.5 hours, she hopes they will help FitRev climb harder, sprint faster, and grow stronger. Have you signed up for Linsey’s FitRide yet?
Get to know “Linsey on the run” more by reading a few fun facts below!
- I’ve been a runner for most of my life thanks to the encouragement of my very active parents. I always wanted to follow in their footsteps (or run in them, as they have completed almost 50 marathons combined) and have completed 6 marathons, 3 of which were the Boston Marathon. I am a few weeks away from running my 7th marathon and 4th Boston Marathon! The Boston Marathon definitely lives up to the hype, especially if you have grown up in Massachusetts.
- I am completely addicted to Starbucks Chai Lattes. Oh, and ice cream – give me a pint of Ben and Jerry’s and a spoon and I am one happy girl!
- Before beginning to run competitively at age 12, I took classical ballet starting at age 2, and classical piano starting at age 8. Although the music is rather different, I attribute my ability to really hear the music when teaching spin, to all of the training I have had in understanding counts in ballet and music theory in piano.
- I’ve always been a big dog lover. We have two Bernese Mountain Dogs, Paddington and Abby, and they are sometimes more of a handful than our daughter, Avery! It’s like living with two gigantic bears.
- At only 5’ 1”, I love being short! My height has always pushed me to be a little stronger and work a little harder than the next guy or girl.