Fit Revolution’s Strength & Fitness Athlete Spotlight – Nick Jones!
Meet Fit Revolution’s Strength & Fitness Athlete, Nick Jones / 8th Grade
- Team Boston Baseball
- North Reading Travel Basketball
- Mass Rivals Basketball
Meet the Athlete Q&A
Academic and Athletic Goals for the 2019 – 2020 School Year:
“My athletic goals are to lead my basketball team in steals and assists. My academic goal is to continue to get high honors.”
“My academic achievement is receiving high honors.”
“My athletic achievement was leading my AAU basketball team in scoring.”
How and why did you decide to join the Fit Revolution Strength & Fitness Program?
“I started with Fit-Rev’s Strength & Fitness with a goal of getting stronger and increasing my agility.”
Describe how our program is helping you reach your athletic goals?
“Fit-Rev has helped improve both my upper and lower body strength, which is making me more physical in basketball. This program has also increased my leg and arm strength along with velocity in baseball.”
Any pre-game or pre-practice rituals, routines, or superstitions?
“My pregame ritual is to always pull my socks down as far as they can go.”
Most Memorable Sport Moment:
“My most memorable sports moment is hitting a walk-off double in my first all-star game.”
What College do you hope to attend (if applicable)?
“My college that I hope to attend is United States Military Academy at West Point.”
Specific academic goals or career choices in mind?
“A career choice of mine is to be a lawyer or Army Officer.”
Describe a moment or obstacle you have had to overcome. What did you learn from that experience?
“An obstacle I had to overcome was my grandfather passing away. My grandfather was my biggest supporter and always attended my sports games. He would always drive me to practice and would always help me with my game.”
Who is the most influential person/people in your life?
“The most influential person in my life is my grandfather. I spent so much time with him and he taught me everything thing I know about sports and being a good person.”
Good luck this season, Nick!
Is your team looking to enhance its training? Fit-Rev offers results-driven training programs for youth, middle school and high school athletic teams.
Learn more below or Contact Mark Cinelli for details.
YOUTH PROGRAM (GRADES 3-5) FOCUS:
- Take a break from screen time
- Improved physical fitness, coordination, speed & agility and self-discipline
- Enhanced athleticism & confidence
- Healthy activity in a safe environment
S&F MIDDLE SCHOOL (GRADES 6-8) FOCUS:
- Optimize students’ potential for performance
- Establish proper weight lifting form and functional exercise mechanics
- Improve speed, agility, explosiveness and quickness while building endurance
HIGH SCHOOL & COLLEGE FOCUS:
- Utilize training methods for sequential maximal effort, as well as strength and speed work to optimize power output
- Implement specific training stimuli like volume, general physical preparedness, hypertrophy and strength volume
- Speed training: acceleration, deceleration and agility drills to focus on athlete’s proficiency of 1st step quickness, change of direction and sporting awareness
- Improve reaction time and reactive ability
- Metabolic conditioning
- Anaerobic and aerobic protocols to make sure athletes meet the demands of their sport
Mark is a licensed/certified Athletic Trainer and a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, as well as a Certified Nutrition Manager. He has experience training athletes of ALL levels from emerging youth athletes to competitive college athletes, Olympic Athletes and professional athletes in the NFL, MLB, MLS, NBA, MLL, USWNT, USMNT, NWSL, and US Women’s Pro Tennis. Mark’s expertise is in athletic sports performance enhancement and injury prevention management.