FIT REVOLUTION’S STRENGTH & FITNESS ATHLETE SPOTLIGHT: CHRIS ITZ
MEET FIT REVOLUTION’S
STRENGTH & FITNESS ATHLETE: CHRIS ITZ / HIGH SCHOOL
Team: Antonelli Baseball
MEET THE ATHLETE Q&A
Academic and Athletic Goals for the 2019 – 2020 School Year:
My academic goal is to continue to make honors.
My athletic goal is to gain 5-10 mph velocity with my pitching.
How and why did you decide to join the Fit Revolution Strength & Fitness Program?
I started with Fit-Rev’s Strength & Fitness with a goal of building my strength and endurance during the off season. My current AAU coach Matt Antonelli (Antonelli Baseball, retired MLB and former Athlete of Mark’s) recommended Mark and his program.
Describe how our program is helping you reach your athletic goals?
My body is changing as I grow and I knew I had to build muscle. Fit-Rev is challenging me and helping me to get stronger.
Getting to know Chris..
Any pre-game or pre-practice rituals, routines, or superstitions?
My pre-game ritual is to have a protein shake.
Most Memorable Sport Moment:
My most memorable sports moment is when I hit my first Home Run.
What College do you hope to attend (if applicable)?
Specific academic goals or career choices in mind?
I want to get the most out of my High School experience. I attend a Technical High School and I’m learning a trade. The sky’s the limit!
Describe a moment or obstacle you have had to overcome. What did you learn from that experience?
Anxiety used to hold me back from doing things. But as I’ve grown I’ve learned ways to overcome it.
Who is the most influential person/people in your life?
My dad is the most influential person in my life because he works very hard and has shown me that working hard is a way of achieving goals.
Congrats Chris on all your on and off-the-field successes. We are excited to watch you as you continue to succeed! The sky is the limit!
Is your team looking to enhance its training? Fit Revolution offers results-driven training programs for youth, middle school and high school athletic teams.
Learn more below or Contact Mark Cinelli for details.
YOUTH PROGRAM (GRADES 3-5) FOCUS:
- Take a break from screen time
- Improved physical fitness, coordination, speed & agility and self-discipline
- Enhanced athleticism & confidence
- Healthy activity in a safe environment
S&F MIDDLE SCHOOL (GRADES 6-8) FOCUS:
- Optimize students’ potential for performance
- Establish proper weight lifting form and functional exercise mechanics
- Improve speed, agility, explosiveness and quickness while building endurance
HIGH SCHOOL & COLLEGE FOCUS:
- Utilize training methods for sequential maximal effort, as well as strength and speed work to optimize power output
- Implement specific training stimuli like volume, general physical preparedness, hypertrophy and strength volume
- Speed training: acceleration, deceleration and agility drills to focus on athlete’s proficiency of 1st step quickness, change of direction and sporting awareness
- Improve reaction time and reactive ability
- Metabolic conditioning
- Anaerobic and aerobic protocols to make sure athletes meet the demands of their sport
Mark is a licensed/certified Athletic Trainer and a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, as well as a Certified Nutrition Manager. He has experience training athletes of ALL levels from emerging youth athletes to competitive college athletes, Olympic Athletes and professional athletes in the NFL, MLB, MLS, NBA, MLL, USWNT, USMNT, NWSL, and US Women’s Pro Tennis. Mark’s expertise is in athletic sports performance enhancement and injury prevention management.