Fit Revolution’s Strength & Fitness Athlete Spotlight: Jenna DiNapoli
Meet Fit Revolution’s Strength & Fitness Athlete: Jenna DiNapoli/ 9th Grade
School: North Reading High School
Sports & Positions:
- Soccer: Striker
- Hockey: Center
- Lacrosse: Midfield
Meet the Athlete Q&A
Academic and Athletic Goals for the 2019 – 2020 School Year:
“To make varisty for all 3 seasons of my freshman year and to make high honors.”
“I made varsity soccer as a freshman and scored 3 goals.”
How and why did you decide to join the Fit Revolution Strength & Fitness Program?
“I joined FitRev’s Strength & Fitness to prepare me for high school sports. I wanted to be challenged and get stronger and faster.”
Describe how our program is helping you reach your athletic goals?
“The program helped me become faster, quicker on my feet and stronger. I also learned proper stretching for before and after exercising.”
Any pre-game or pre-practice rituals, routines, or superstitions?
“My team has a pregame ritual where we take the quote the Coach gave us, read it, kiss it, and stick it into our left shin guard.”
Most Memorable Sport Moment:
“My most memorable sports moments were scoring my first goal and making it to the quarter finals.”
Describe a moment or obstacle you have had to overcome. What did you learn from that experience?
“An obstacle I had to overcome was dealing with the amount and intensity of running with my asthma. I learned how to pace myself and knew when I should sprint and when I could back off.”
Who is the most influential person/people in your life?
“The most influential people in my life are my parents. They come to every game I play. They motivate and encourage me on and off the field. They have taught me what it means to be a good friend by being kin and including everyone. They have shown me that hard work pays off, and to never give up.”
Congrats on successful soccer season Jenna! We look forward to watching you succeed in all your endeavors both on and off the field.
Is your team looking to enhance its training? Fit Revolution offers results-driven training programs for youth, middle school and high school athletic teams.
Learn more below or Contact Mark Cinelli for details.
YOUTH PROGRAM (GRADES 3-5) FOCUS:
- Take a break from screen time
- Improved physical fitness, coordination, speed & agility and self-discipline
- Enhanced athleticism & confidence
- Healthy activity in a safe environment
S&F MIDDLE SCHOOL (GRADES 6-8) FOCUS:
- Optimize students’ potential for performance
- Establish proper weight lifting form and functional exercise mechanics
- Improve speed, agility, explosiveness and quickness while building endurance
HIGH SCHOOL & COLLEGE FOCUS:
- Utilize training methods for sequential maximal effort, as well as strength and speed work to optimize power output
- Implement specific training stimuli like volume, general physical preparedness, hypertrophy and strength volume
- Speed training: acceleration, deceleration and agility drills to focus on athlete’s proficiency of 1st step quickness, change of direction and sporting awareness
- Improve reaction time and reactive ability
- Metabolic conditioning
- Anaerobic and aerobic protocols to make sure athletes meet the demands of their sport
Mark is a licensed/certified Athletic Trainer and a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, as well as a Certified Nutrition Manager. He has experience training athletes of ALL levels from emerging youth athletes to competitive college athletes, Olympic Athletes and professional athletes in the NFL, MLB, MLS, NBA, MLL, USWNT, USMNT, NWSL, and US Women’s Pro Tennis. Mark’s expertise is in athletic sports performance enhancement and injury prevention management.