FIT REVOLUTION’S STRENGTH & FITNESS ATHLETE SPOTLIGHT: SARA LECLAIRE
Meet Fit Revolution’s Strength & Fitness Athlete: Sara LeClaire
Team: FC Stars
Meet the Athlete Q&A
Academic and Athletic Goals for the 2019 – 2020 School Year:
I aim to get better at my scoring and improving my stamina.
I have made high honors in school for the past 3 years.
I have improved my stamina, ball handling, shooting, and I have competed in international tournament.
How and why did you decide to join the Fit Revolution Strength & Fitness Program?
I joined FitRev’s Strength & Fitness program, because I wanted to stay in shape and get stronger over the summer.
Describe how our program is helping you reach your athletic goals?
My stamina improved a lot and the muscle I lost after stopping gymnastics is starting to come back.
GETTING TO KNOW SARA…
Any pre-game or pre-practice rituals, routines, or superstitions?
My pregame ritual is having an egg, bacon and cheese sandwich the morning of a game.
Most Memorable Sport Moment:
Last season, I had a hat trick and an assist in a game.
What college do you hope to attend?
I hope to attend Tufts Veterinary School.
Do you have any specific academic goals or career choices in mind?
I hope to become a Veterinarian and work with large animals.
Describe a moment or an obstacle you have had to overcome. What did you learn from that experience?
An obstacle I had to overcome was my PVFM* (Paradoxical Vocal Fold Movement). I had relearn how to sprint and recover quickly so my throat doesn’t close up.
*PVFM is a disorder that prevents vocal chords from opening correctly making it difficult to breathe.
Who is the most influential person in your life?
The most influential person in my life is my brother, who also has PVFM. Watching him and how he overcame situations in soccer, cross country and track with his PVFM has helped me a lot.
Congrats Sara on all your on and off-the-field successes. We are excited to watch you as you continue to succeed!
Is your team looking to enhance its training? Fit Revolution offers results-driven training programs for youth, middle school and high school athletic teams.
Learn more below or Contact Mark Cinelli for details.
YOUTH PROGRAM (GRADES 3-5) FOCUS:
- Take a break from screen time
- Improved physical fitness, coordination, speed & agility and self-discipline
- Enhanced athleticism & confidence
- Healthy activity in a safe environment
S&F MIDDLE SCHOOL (GRADES 6-8) FOCUS:
- Optimize students’ potential for performance
- Establish proper weight lifting form and functional exercise mechanics
- Improve speed, agility, explosiveness and quickness while building endurance
HIGH SCHOOL & COLLEGE FOCUS:
- Utilize training methods for sequential maximal effort, as well as strength and speed work to optimize power output
- Implement specific training stimuli like volume, general physical preparedness, hypertrophy and strength volume
- Speed training: acceleration, deceleration and agility drills to focus on athlete’s proficiency of 1st step quickness, change of direction and sporting awareness
- Improve reaction time and reactive ability
- Metabolic conditioning
- Anaerobic and aerobic protocols to make sure athletes meet the demands of their sport
Mark is a licensed/certified Athletic Trainer and a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, as well as a Certified Nutrition Manager. He has experience training athletes of ALL levels from emerging youth athletes to competitive college athletes, Olympic Athletes and professional athletes in the NFL, MLB, MLS, NBA, MLL, USWNT, USMNT, NWSL, and US Women’s Pro Tennis. Mark’s expertise is in athletic sports performance enhancement and injury prevention management.