FitRev Instructor Spotlight – Maryalice Walsh!
It’s time to turn the spotlight to another one of our amazing instructors, Maryalice!
Sunday may as well be called “Double-up Sunday.” FitRev typically starts their morning with FitCross, Barre or Spin and ends it with yoga. Maryalice’s yoga class is a much-needed change from all the fast-paced activities we’re used to at FitRev and the perfect way to kick start your Sunday. Fitness yoga is not only challenging, but leaves us with a sense of calmness at the end of each class. Exactly what we need as we head into a new week.
Maryalice began teaching group fitness classes in 2001, but it wasn’t until years later that she was drawn to yoga. She completed the 200-hour yoga teacher training through the Yoga Loft in Wilmington, and recently finished the 300-hour training through Home Yoga in Andover. Maryalice has taught FitRev that through yoga, you can gain strength, flexibility and balance, but also encourages us to work at our own pace and listen to our bodies. Plus, you can always count on Maryalice to ease your nerves if you are new to practicing yoga. Maryalice, you are amazing and FitRev loves Sundays with you!
Haven’t tried a Sunday double yet? You can catch Maryalice at FitRev on Sundays, 9:15am. Don’t miss out on her fun facts below!
- I have been married for 24 years, we have 2 daughters, 19 and 17.
- I love fitness and nutrition so much I drive my family crazy. For a while my daughters and their friends referred to me as the organic, gluten free, non-GMO mom. But I think they are coming around to my side.
- My favorite class to teach or take is Yoga, one of my favorite poses is Handstand!
- I hate the cold, love the summer and wonder why I still live here!
- My husband and I just signed up for Golf Lessons.